Your life is already very hectic and you feel that adding the routine of exercise in your routine will only make your life more hectic, then read about
this concept of yoga named as Gentle yoga. However, it is a sort of challenge. Let me tell you what it is and why is it challenging.
Gentle Yoga is a modified version of Hatha Yoga. Gentle Yoga aims at bringing back love in to one’s mind and body. It brings about and overall awareness in oneself. The movements or poses in Gentle Yoga are such that it relaxes the mind and body and focuses on breath.
Now you wonder what is the challenge in this? Well I have not finished yet. It sounds boring to many. Yes, this is the challenge. Many people also feel that it a sheer waste of time. The most sports loving and athletic person would also find Gentle yoga as a challenge to mind and body.
Mental challenge of Gentle Yoga:
Usually there is a myth about this form of exercise. The myth says that this exercise is for the weaker people. Those who cannot take up tough physical exercise or poses practice gentle yoga. The oversized people as well who find it difficult to practice any moves will opt for this. This myth is a mental challenge to the people. They think this exercise is not for them and cannot accept this form of exercise.
Many feel that this form of exercise, will help the physically weak persons to gain mental and physical strength. It is believed that if you do not indulge in a poses that make you sweat hard like ‘surya namaskars’ you aren’t doing yoga, you are just meditating.
Lanita Varshell, a pioneer of Gentle Yoga has put forth her thought to help clear these myths. It helps you add some moderate moves and restorative exercise to your yoga schedule. You also need to conserve and generate energy within yourself, this exercise helps your to do so. After all this exercise does not just aim at losing weight, it also means relaxing and restoring your lost energies. Lying on the floor and breathing is also yoga.
Indulging into rigorous poses will help you now but if you slow down a little with this exercise you can work out even after your 50’s. It helps you find happiness and peace within your inner self. It blends the meditation and movements and gives a slightly modified version of hatha practices. It helps you connect to your inner self and this is what yoga actually aims at.
This is the major challenge of gentle yoga. It does not have any physically tough moves but accepting the fact that this form of exercise is for all and not for older, oversized or weaker people is the main challenge.
Think about incorporating this style as well in your daily Yoga travel.
- Yoga addicts resort to yoga medianet_width=’300′; medianet_height= ‘250’; medianet_crid=’432485586′; Many instances in our life are such that we need to ‘relax’ our mind and body. How many times does your doctor say that you need to overcome your stress, relax your mind and body? Sleeping oils, depression pills, etc all this have become a routine…
- Traditional yoga clothing Staying fit is not only a dream but a necessity of life. Each one of us must resort to healthy practices to stay fit and healthy. We usually see actors, models or even our friends who look extremely fit and healthy. We sometimes envy such people and sometimes we wish…
- The Advantages of Doing Yoga There has been a buzz among a lot of people regarding the benefits of the practice of yoga on the physiology of the body. Changes depend on a number of factors like the physical & mental condition of an individual. A person’s diet and determination also matter as well as…
- 10 Top Yoga Fitness Tips The are many different yoga styles and classes to choose from. The top yoga fitness classes are the ones that will suit your personal need best. Before you start, do a bit of research and learn about yoga fitness programs. Each one is designed to benefit your body and mind…
- 7 Important Tips for Yoga Success. Yoga has been proven to relieve stress by using exercises that unify the mind, body, and spirit. If you are new to yoga, these seven tips will start you on the road to a more centered life. 1. Talk to your doctor and explain what type of yoga poses you…